Please take a few minutes to read through our Terms and Conditions for renting canoes and cabins. Don’t hesitate to Contact us should you have any questions.
- Prepayment generally applies to all reservations, with the exception of camping (not during Storsjöcupen). The advance payment is usually 1 night of accommodation; for canoe trips the advance payment is the transport cost. For larger groups/reservations other terms may apply.
- Your reservation is confirmed after the prepayment is made.
- If you want to change the date of your reservation, you may do so at any time at no additional cost – provided there is available lodging/transport on the date you want to change to.
- If a reservation is canceled, the full amount, except 250 SEK in administrative charge, is normally refunded.
- If a reservation is canceled within 24 hours before check-in, the advance payment is normally not refunded. There may be exceptions, such as strikes, acute illness (with medical certificate), force majeure etc. These sort of events are very rare and have to be judged on a case by case basis. We always strive to be flexible and fair.
- For larger bookings (more than 4 cabins) other conditions may apply and specific cancelation terms should be negotiated on a case by case basis. For bigger groups/reservations we reserve us the right to keep a larger share of the advance payment as administrative fee if a reservation is canceled. If a reservation is canceled up to 10 days before check-in, the advance payment is normally not refunded for larger bookings (more than 4 cabins).
Rental Terms (Cabins)
- Check out by 12:00 the day of departure. We reserve us the right to charge additional rent if guests overstay.
- Check in 15:00 to 18:00. You are welcome to arrive later,, but please let us know in advance. During peak season the reception is open until 22:00.
- All our cabins are non-smoking.
- Pets (except cats) are welcome in all our cabins, please advise at time of booking.
- If there are deficiencies and/or anything is missing in the cabin you rented, you should first notify the staff and give us the opportunity to assess and remedy any deficiencies. A possible error in a cabin does not automatically mean a reduced price on your stay. This is always assessed case by case. We always strive to be flexible and fair.
- For companies there are special rental terms.
Sheets and Towels
Please note that sheets and/or towels are not included in the price, but we offer them for rent. Please make a reservation beforehand.
The price for 1 set, including sheets and towel, is 75 SEK/set. If you rent 3 or more sets, the discounted price is 50 SEK/set.
When you check out, please bring the dirty sheets and towels to the reception and hand them over to the staff (unless you also bought cleaning service, in that case you may leave them in the cabin).
Normally you always clean the cabin yourself on checking out. However, we can clean the cabin for you. Please reserve this service as soon as possible, at the latest on the evening before departure.
The prices for cleaning service is as listed below:
- Self-Catering Cabin 250 SEK (1-2 nights), 550 SEK (3+ nights)
- Timber Cabin 150 SEK (1-2 nights), 350 SEK (3+ nights)
- Camping Cabin 100 SEK (1-2 nights), 295 SEK (3+ nights).
We then clean the whole cabin for you, with the exception of doing the dishes and carrying out the garbage. If you also rented sheets and towels, please leave these in a pile on the couch.
The following supplies should be in the self-catering cabins on arrival:
- Washing-up liquid
- Detergent (floors/toilet)
- Toilet paper (1 roll)
- Hand soap (shampoo are not provided).
Minor damage to the furniture/equipment is covered by the tenant after consultation with the staff. A reasonable amount is agreed upon, depending on the circumstances specific to the situation.
Completely destroyed fixtures/furniture/appliances are replaced by the tenant according to the following price list.
If there’s anything broken or missing in the cabin, please notify the front desk immediately, so we can fix the problem as soon as possible (see point 5 of the Rental Terms).
Rental Terms (Canoes and Equipment)
- Daily rent (not 24 hours) applies for all rentals of canoes and equipment. Canoes and equipment should be returned by 21.00. We reserve us the right to charge additional rent if canoes/equipment is returned later than 21.00.
- All canoening with our canoes/kayaks takes place at your own risk. It’s on your own responsibility to know and follow current laws and legislation.
- The customer needs to be able to swim and is obligated to use a lifejacket.
- Normally we meet up for canoe transports at 09.00 in the reception. We reserve us the right to organize the transport according to seats with other groups departing on the same day.
- All canoes/kayaks are returned to us washed out and placed upside down in their right place. The packing compartments also needs to be clean and washed out (sponge for washing out is provided by us).
- We can clean the canoe/kayak for you for a fee of 200 SEK, this is also the amount we charge for an uncleaned canoe/kayak.
- Trangia outdoor kitchen are returned to us washed up.
- Packing barrels are returned washed out and clean.
All of our canoes/kayaks are insured. As a customer, you risk 1000 SEK deductible for major damage. For minor damages, we can together agree on an appropriate compensation.
If several canoes/kayaks beyond 1 is ruined by the same group, there will be 2000 SEK extra deductable fee for canoe/kayak no. 2; 4000 SEK for canoe/kayak no. 3 due to extreme carelessness, and so forth.
Any damage caused to the rented equipment will be charged the rental customer. Check with your home insurance company what your home insurance covers. Completely destroyed equipment are replaced according to the following price list.
Lits Camping complies with the Swedish Personal Data Act. When you make a reservation here at Lits Camping, you provide information about yourself. The information is saved in Lits Campings customer database. We never give out any information to a third party. We may disclose the information to the police if forced by law.
Lits camping processes your personal data in accordance with the personal data legislation. According to the Personal Data Act, you are entitled to receive information about how your personal data is processed.
By registering your personal data, you consent to Lits Camping as a controller of personal data, using the information in order to perform Lits Campings obligations towards you as a customer.
Request for register extract: You are entitled to receive information about how Lits Camping processes your personal data, you can do so by sending a written signed request to Lits Camping. The letter should be sent to:
S-831 91 Östersund
Lits Camping undertakes to rectify any information which proves to be incorrect, incomplete or otherwise irrelevant.